Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day - 2010

It is just after 10 in the morning on New Years day, and I sit here and reflect on where I am, and where I am going!
I| am supposed to be starting my Power 90 training program today, but have come up with a situation.  Our home computer tower has decided to pack it in.  Now there is no way to create the video blog that we wanted to do for Beachbody.  I can tape it, but have no way to get the tape to digital files!  Ugh!  Will I let this stop me?
Not likely!
Later this afternoon, I will weigh in on the Wii Fitt, and the stupid machine will tell me my weight, and also inform me that I am obese.  Well, lets be honest here...it is going to tell me that I am SEVERLY OBESE!  OK, blunt honesty is what I need.
Once I get my weigh in done, I will get some recording done of my goals and where I want to see myself, and then, get it done!
I have created a spreadsheet to track my progress (I love spreadsheets for some reason).  My plan is to do Power 90 everyday for 90 days (I lost the actual program sheet, so I am kind of just winging it in the beginning till I find out more information), and then also following the beginner training program from Dan Empfield (of Slowtwitch.com).  This is a 20 week program that goes from fat slob (my words, not his), ME, to hopefully in the end...a triathlete capable of entering an Olympic distance triathlete.
Tomorrow the training sessions start.
Of course...the biggest aspect to losing weight, is going to be my diet.  I have chosen to follow the Weight Watchers program.  I am not atually going to meetings or anything, but I do have a spreadsheet (big surprize eh?) to track all of my points and point intake.
I know that this is going to be a long haul...and in order to make this work, I am going to have to make various sacrifices.
In the end...it will all be worth it!  I will be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment