Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is Christmas really 3 days away?

I am sitting here, in the office, listening to Brandon’s Marathon Podcast episode 48 (great episode for newbie swimmers by the way) thinking about how close we are to Christmas…and how far I am from being ready!


Today is my last day of work, unless there are any emergencies that happen to come up while we are closed. I work in the hazardous waste sector, collecting various waste streams. Mainly automotive (oils, filters, antifreezes), but we collect chemicals and acids as well. The only things we really do not collect are bio-hazard materials, explosives and radioactive materials. So…here is to hoping that everyone has a safe holiday…we my guys can rest and recoup!

Back to Christmas and not being ready for it…

Oh boy…I am hoping that I have gotten some things that the wife will like! She never really gives me a list…so I have to go by memory. One thing that I do know…is that she really loves stockings…and that is most important to her! I know this…and yet…just like every other year…I have done nothing. I might be in trouble once again! I tend to leave everything to the last minute (like most men out there), and do my best under pressure…but I might be in trouble this year. I have a lot of ground to cover…and not much time to get it done! We have something going on every night from now till boxing day…so time is at a premium! I might be going shopping while the family is sleeping! Actually…I think that is the best bet for me! I will be shopping in the middle of the night…with the rest of the male population! Fun times!!

I really do love Christmas!

The one thing that really keeps me going…is the look on my son’s face…and he starts to smile and shake…when he gets excited about something. It is a priceless moment…and something that I will cherish for ever!

Gone for now…but back later…

No comments:

Post a Comment