Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No more delays please...

Well…as you can tell here, there have been no weigh ins…and no postings of workouts. We had some family issues that we needed to take care of, and therefore…our start date has been delayed. Not a good thing right? Maybe it was…stay tuned for more information…


So, I weighed in this past Sunday morning…and it is not good. 240+lbs. Yikes. I have gained a few here…and am not really happy with that! It’s ok though…I just need to focus and get down to work here. In the words of that famous Nike catch phrase…JUST DO IT!

So, what is my plan (other than praying for the magic lantern genie to show up and make me magically fit)? The web is full of interesting information, and with this social media now days…there are lots of “Twitter” friends that are always giving support and advice!

As for the training for Triathlon/Marathon, this first week is 4 walk runs and that is all that I need to do. Can I do it?? You bet. I will keep you posted on that!

As well, I also have the Power 90 program with Tony Horton, so I am going to add this to my training see what happens. If you have not heard of this, it is a 90 day program filled with muscle confusion training. Basically it is a boot camp program on DVD that you do at home. There are 3 parts to it, Cardio, Strength and Abs. Do not confuse this with the P90X program, they are both by Tony Horton, but Power 90 was the first one, and is not as tough. First things first…and we will go from there.

I actually started this program years ago, and loved it…but then I think a week or so into it, was when I found out that I had a detached retina…and the training had to stop. Then I got really fat…and this is where we are now. I am tentatively looking at starting this program on this Sunday, but that might get delayed, depending on some information that I get back from Beachbody (they are the company that distributes Power 90, P90X, etc…) I will let you know what happens.

Hmmm…maybe I should work at posting a 90 day challenge for the P90 program and post every day after I work out??? Let me think about that!

And if I can ever figure out how to post some of these recordings that I have been making as a podcast…I will do that as well, at least all the way up to my first Triathlon in June. I am using Podbean, and get it as far as getting loaded into the system…but no farther. Not sure what I am doing wrong though. I might have to break down and ask for assistance from someone that is out there podcasting already (Erin337? Kelownagurl Tris?? Anybody??)

Well, I am gone for now…but will be back once I have more information regarding the Power 90 program as well as letting you now how my first week of running goes. Next blog, I will also give you more information regarding what training program I am following for the triathlon.

Later…

1 comment:

  1. Check out some of these articles to get an idea on the podcasting http://www.runningpodcasts.org/articles/

    ReplyDelete