Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday already??

OK, juggling family time and getting runs in is starting to take a toll on me! I did not realize that it was going to be this tough. I do know one thing that will help me fix this though...and that is going to bed earlier. I might take a page out of Texafornia's (Zen and the Art of Triathlon) book, and start setting the alarm on my watch. Set it for when you ask? For the time at night that I really need to start getting ready for bed.
That is part of the problem that I am finding is that I am so tired. I need to get to bed earlier...seeing as I get up so early for work. I start work between 6 and 6:30am Monday to Friday, so that means that I have to leave the house no later than 5am to get there on time.
Going to be earlier, will enable me to get up a little earlier...get a quick run in, hit the shower...grab my lunch, and get out the door!
That brings me to one other item...I need to get all of my things ready for the following day...before I go to sleep. Make my lunch as well as my son's and wife's if she is working, then make sure that my cloths are pulled out and hung over the railing (so I do not wake up the wife while getting ready), then get off to get some good sleep.
Can I do it? Yes. Will I do it? I certainly hope so!!
Now...one other thing to start this week. Running (or just walking) during my lunch hour. Most days I just take my lunch at my desk, and keep on working. I want to start getting out and getting some fresh air during my lunch. I feel that this will not only help me clear my head, but help me get closer to my goals. So, the short term goal for this week, is to get out and to this 3 out of the 5 working days this week.
Can I do this? Yes. Will I do this? Yes...I will get this done!
Thanks for reading...and see you all later

No comments:

Post a Comment