Monday, January 18, 2010

Quadrathon weight loss challenge…

Yesterday just before 5pm Pacific Standard time…I did it. I stepped on the scale…took note of the dismal sight…and emailed Quadrathon with my starting weight for the weight loss challenge.
I am very excited about this challenge, and I am quite hopeful that this will get me moving, keep me motivated and win me some gift cards! Not only am I wanting to become a triathlete, I want to get healthy. I want to fall in love with running…and between working out and getting out running at least once daily…I know that I will get to the “promise land.”
In speaking with Stuart this morning via twitter, it appears as though there are about 12 of us, which means this contest will run for 12 weeks and a chance at $240 worth of gift cards. Not to shabby!
Now, my starting weight is 247lbs. (I have gained…and not happy about it. It must have been the Chinese food from Friday! Hmmm…let’s skip meeting this week.) I want to lose about 60 lbs…and have 12 weeks to do it…so that would be…5lbs per week. That is probably a little more that I can afford to lose in a healthy manner per week, so let’s set a goal of 3lbs per week. That will get me to 36lbs lost and put me at 211lbs. I will be very…VERY happy with that. Truth be told…that really would be amazing! After the contest…I will just keep working hard and chiseling away at getting to my final goal weight…and keep doing it the healthy way!
So…Stuart…see you at the finish line…each and every week!

2 comments:

  1. i am in too! you are going down!! :) except, probably not. today i ate m&m's...

    thanks for becoming a follower, by the way. i added you to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...no worries! I have been stuck in meetings all day...and there was nothing healthy to eat...so...today was probably a step backwards! Oh well...tomorrow is a new day!

    Not a problem about following...I like reading blogs for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete