Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 3

Well, I did it, I actually got up in the morning, and went out for a run. This is shocking for me, as it was at 4 in the morning. Early! Normally I am getting ready to leave for work at this time…but…I made sure that I got ready and took the dog for a nice leisurely 25 minute walk run. I am still working on the run walk basis for the next week or so.


• 5 min walk warm up

• 1 min run

• 3 min walk

• 1 min run

• 3 min walk

• 1 min run

• 3 min walk

• 1 min run

• 3 min walk

• 1 min run

• 5 min walk cool down

For me to start, this works perfect. Being so overweight, I do not want to put to much pressure on my knees. I have had knee issues when I was younger, so just taking it easy and listening to my body is the way to go.  I see no reason to create an issue so early in training...and give myself a reason to stop.

Being so early in the morning, I had my headlamp from Princess Auto attached to the bill of a baseball cap with it set on flashing. As well, I carried a small flashlight and had it shining behind me to alert any traffic to me. As well, I was wearing an old CCM reflective running jacket. No way do I want to get hit while running!

As well, Buddy and I got out last night to get in my day 2 run. This one was a little shorter as my right knee was a little tight, so I mainly walked…but at least I was out there…one foot in front of the other!

~Today if you become frightened, instead become inspired – So many other bloggers out there are inspiring me to do this…and what frightens me is not seeing my son grow up due to me being obese. I can do this…I will do this…one step at a time!

1 comment:

  1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step- Confucius. Well done!

    ReplyDelete