Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taking steps to succeed…

This morning I did a little searching, and with the assistance from some new online friends and web forums, located a Triathlon Club in my area. This is a major step for me to start to get training and ready for my first event in June. I have taken the first steps here and sent an email out to get some more information regarding costs and what is included with joining this club. The club I am looking at also offers coaching, but at the moment, I do not have any extra cash that I would be able to spend per month on this.
I am a little nervous about this, as I am very new to this, and really out of shape. I am not sure how this would work for me on joining them for rides, as they do 2+ hour rides almost every weekend, and I have not even really started riding. As well, I am sure that they all have top end or at least brand name bikes. Me, I am stuck with a cheap Canadian Tire Road bike. What am I getting myself into here?
Now one more thing is bothering me right now, and I could use some assistance with sorting this out. I am debating with the wife on what my first event should be in June? I will be entering the Iron Mountain Triathlon, but we are arguing as to which one I should do. The Sprint or the Olympic distance? The wife is telling me she is putting her foot down, and my first event should be the sprint event. I am holding out for the Olympic, but I think that I am fighting a losing battle. I am not sure if anyone out there has any thoughts on this? Keep in mind…I do have to lose about 60 lbs to get to my goal weight. Does anyone out there have any insight on what I should really be aiming for as my first event? Keeo in mind, I am also entering an Olympic event 30 days after the first one.
Anyways…thanks for reading…
Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment