Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Garmin Time!!

I did it! I jumped in feet first and bought myself a Garmin Forerunner 305! I must admit…it is pretty cool! There are so many different features to check out. I am like a giddy little school kid!


Now…how do I figure this out? Manual…must read the manual!

Ok…so now what programs do I need on the computer to make this thing work? I know that everyone has their favorites…but which ones give you the best bang for your buck without having to pay for all the features? I hear about Sport Tracks…but really know nothing about it? Is this just a program that you download for tracking on your home computer? What about the other site programs that are out there? It seems to me, that you can spend more time loading data into various sites than you will spend out there training. How many sites should one person load into? Is this kind of like a popularity contest like the Facebook Groups?

Come on Brian…concentrate on getting fit…and getting out there to learn something about yourself!


Ok…now…onto some other business…Goobieman finished the evaluation camps for mini-tyke lacrosse on Saturday…and at the end, Coach Ron announced that parents would be getting calls from their child’s coaches in the next couple of days to talk about practice times. However…if you do not receive a phone call, do not fret, it just means your child still needs to be evaluated. My wife and I both looked at each other and laughed…that will be us we both agreed! Goobieman is 4 years old…and will be one of the youngest kids playing in the 4-5 year old Mini Tyke division. This is his first year…and he has no clue as to the rules! He can not pick up the ball with the stick yet! Not that there is anything wrong with that…as he just wants to get out there and have some fun. To our surprise…we got a phone call last night…and he was picked to a team! Coach Curt called to let us know we have practice Monday and Wed! Wait a minute…2 practices a week…for a 4 year old? This is going to have to take some getting used to! So…tonight when I get home…we are going out front, before we leave for practice, and are going to start practicing picking up the ball.
Playing organized sports…this is new and exciting for me! I just hope he has fun with this!

Anyways…Tribork…out!

No comments:

Post a Comment