Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday once again...

It has been way to long since my last post…but once again…life has gotten in the way. When will the excuses end?
I have gotten a few runs in over the last few days, which has been very nice. A little alone time with my dog is just what the Dr ordered. However…I am not moving as fast as I would like, due to these pesky shin splints! I am icing right after my run, but they do not seem like they are getting better. The pain is not getting worse…so I guess the glass is ½ full! If anyone has any suggestions regarding this…please…feel free to spout off and teach me something.
I was supposed to hit the pool last night for a swim…but by time the wife and kid got home…we had some dinner, it was late…and I was tired. Unfortunately, the wife and I have a family pass, and we have to go together, otherwise we have to pay. So…we decided to bump our swim till tonight. Now we are going to be prepared for tonight…I will be getting home early…and get all of our swim stuff ready, and once the wife and kid get home…they will just pick me up and we will head right out. I will make a nice light dinner for us to eat after swimming. I will be heading straight to the lengths pool and the wife and kid will play in the other side till I am done. That reminds me…I need to write out what my sets are supposed to be for my training swim tonight! Very excited to get in the water again!
Oh…on a side note…I found my wedding ring the other day! It has only been missing for…7 months. Needless to say…my wife was pleased…and mad at me once again for losing it in the first place! I just can not win! Oh well…
Tribork...out...

3 comments:

  1. how long have you had the shin splints? i usually get the beginnings of shin splints after running a marathon...probably b/c of all the miles put in leading up to the race. knock on wood, i haven't had a problem with them in years. things to consider: your running shoes. are the too old, not the right type for your foot? what surface are you running on? concrete, asphalt, trails, uneven roads? how many miles a week do you run? i finally found the max number of miles i can run per week without suffering the consequences. kind of trial and error i guess but i figured it out so that it wasn't a chronic problem. i also found 2 stretches that i do specifically to stretch the anterior tibialis, the opposing muscle to the calves and also stretching out the calves really well, has been a god send. no more problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started getting shin splints (again) last week. I have had them once before (when I returned to playing soccer after a 4 year absence) and they just went away. I am very low in miles per week...as I am totaly new to running. I am really just starting my journey to getting fit again.
    If you could pass on the streches to me so I could try them...that would be fantastic! I am willing to try anything to eliminate the pain...and keep on moving!
    Thanks KC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sent shin stretches to your gmail acct b/c it blogger was having fits everytime i clicked post comment button.

    ReplyDelete