Saturday, March 6, 2010

Swim time!

So, last night the family and I decided that we would go swimming. Goobieman just graduated from Minos 1 up to Minos 2 this past Tuesday...so he has been very excited to get back in the water. Normally...my wife and I just sit pool side to watch him with his lessons...as I am not that comfortable with him out there until I know that he can swim. For instance...him and I went swimming a few months ago...and where playing in the pool. He was climbing out...and then jumping in to me. Well...the one time that he climbed out...he saw a ball about 15-20ft farther down the side towards the deep end. He ran over to get it...and then just jumped in with it. I was still in my original spot...waiting for him to come back. He sank to the bottom. Granted, it was only about 4ft deep...and he was only under water for about 2 seconds...but it seemed like an eternity to me. There he was...SITTING on the bottom of the pool...waving at me holding his breath! I was shaking...he was laughing and wanting to do it again. We had a short conversation...and I won the argument. No more jumping in the pool...away from Mummy or Daddy.
Anyways...back to what I was getting at. My wife and I had gotten a family pass 3 years ago...with 10 passes attached to it. When we went last night, there was still 7 passes left on it. Not a good thing. So, we upgraded it to a full family pass. Now, we can all go, and we do not have to be together when we go. For instance, I went this morning...while the rest of the family still slept. Much better!
So, last night, I did my first swim sticking with Coach Jeff (PRSFit) program. It was 40 mins...and I did most of it...and felt great! Loved it!
Loved it so much, like I said, I went back this morning and did the second swim program. Again...felt great! Revitalized!
I still have to get in a run today...but I might have to get that in after dinner tonight as we have my Mom and the wife's parents coming over for dinner!
Anyways...enough of my rambling...
Tribork...out...

No comments:

Post a Comment