Thursday, February 25, 2010

Go Canada Go!

Last night was the Canada vs. Russia hockey game! All Canadians where riveted to their televisions! Watching…praying…and then celebrating a win! Now on to the Semi-finals this Friday (tomorrow) vs. Slovakia. A win will put us into the Gold Medal game, and a lose will put us into the Bronze Medal game. Let’s hope and pray for gold, and a rematch with the good old USA!!
Now…lets talk training plans…I messed up. I screwed up the dates of when I was supposed to start my training plan…and now I have myself finishing a week prior to the start of my race. Oh…what a bonehead! I told my self to check, and I think I even mentioned that I hoped that I got it right on episode 2 of the pod cast. Well…that sucks. I am trying to figure out the best way to get it sorted out…so that I am tapering at the proper time! Hopefully I will figure something out!
Ok…so what about the training that is supposed to go with the training plans? Pretty much non existent! OK, let’s start the excuses flowing! Well, in all honesty…I have been away. I had to do some work for some people…and it came up rather quickly…so I was unprepared to have to leave. I was able to buy and expense clothing and other items, but getting new running shoes was not going to be covered, and I have just got new ones for home. It is really hard to go running in steel toe boots! Plus the fact that I was working in a mud pit and pretty much around the clock! Ok…that is enough of my whining…and complaining…and excuses! No more! Time to get serious!
On a work side…I will be glad when the Olympics are over, so my life can get back to normal…and I can concentrate on family and fitness!
I need to get out and start training! I need to get my feet moving!
Tribork…out…

No comments:

Post a Comment