Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday already? Wow!

Tonight are the opening ceremonies for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, and you can just smell the excitement in the air. Unfortunately…you can also see the rain in the air. Just to give you an idea of what is going on weather wise here…this morning on my way to work, the temperature was 7˚C (44˚F). This was at 4:30am PST. Just a tad bit warm for the “Winter Games”. Oh well…we have zero control over that.
Please forgive me Blogging Gods, it has been 5 days since my last post. Let’s review how this week has gone for me from a fitness and nutrition stand point!
TERRIBLE!!!
Ok, that is enough about that. Actually, nutrition wise, it has been fairly good. I still have not eaten any fast food. I have been diligent in making my meals and packing my lunches for work. I have not eaten that many fruits and veggies with my lunches, but I have made sure to have lots of veggies with my dinner meals. As well, every 2nd day, I have been having my morning shake for breakfast. This shake consists of 5 frozen strawberries, ½ a banana, ½ cup of orange juice and ½ a cup of skim milk. Blend this all up, and have a nutritious drink for my drive to work. The last couple of them, I have subbed out the banana with some frozen mango and that has been a nice change! So, all in all, my meals and nutrition have been fairly good this week. Not to disappointed with that. Now, my fitness however, has been a disaster. Unfortunately, I have been spending far too much time working, and then commuting, and then working, and then commuting. Sleep has been minimal; kind of catch it where you can. A lot of things just came up this week with work, and unfortunately being management, I have had to step in and direct things hands on for the next couple of weeks. I can’t say much more than that…but hopefully, there will be some time to get a run in, or take an hour to get in some Power 90. At the moment though, any free time I am getting, I just want to spend with my wife and son. Can you really blame me.
As long as I can keep my nutrition going, and keep drinking lots of water (which I am doing daily) I think that I should be alright, and hopefully will keep losing a little bit of weight, pound by pound.
Anyways…for now…Tribork…out…

No comments:

Post a Comment