Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back on the running sidelines…

Ugh…back to the sidelines I go…

The Dr says that I should be taking the next 3-4 weeks off of running due to pain that I am getting on the inside of my knees, particularly the right one. There is no real inflammation there, just some tenderness to the touch. There is however…lots of pain when I am running right now…so…on to the sidelines we go. That means…I have to get out on the bike more to get some cardio! It is a good thing that I enjoy riding the bike! There Dr just figures that the pounding of running is causing the pain right now. I have to really get my weight down…so, whatever I can do cardio wise…that will not cause me pain…has to be done…and done now.
That means…

• Walking

• Cycling

• Yoga

• Power 90

• Stretching

Whatever is going to help me achieve my goals…and get me out there moving!
Who knew this was going to be so tough!
So…for now…
Tribork…out…

2 comments:

  1. Just keep moving B. Just keep moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the same boat. I'm recuperating this week from foot and calf soreness, will swim tomorrow and then start running + cycling next week. Good luck with the rehab!

    ReplyDelete