Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time to get this party...RESTARTED!

Well, the first major vacation is over…and now we (the wife and I) are ready to get serious and make some changes. We got back from the cabin last week, and boy…do we want to go back.  The weather was great…and really…there is nothing like waking up and seeing water and mountains within your grasp!  Next year, I plan on taking advantage of some of the hiking around the cabin that is within short drives.  All in all, the trip was great.  We have returned…well rested!Once we got back, we had to go with our son’s Daycare to the Zoo for a field trip.  Seeing as I was still on vacation, I was able to go.  Not an event that I would normally get to take part in, so the fact that I was available, I jumped at the opportunity.  What a great day!  So much fun to experience it with 26 kids, aged 3-6.  What a blast.Now…we are home, and there are no more vacations planned for the next 3-4 weeks Kelowna is next, and then the houseboat at the end of August).  So, that means it is time to get busy.  My Dr has cleared me to resume training, and I have not felt any knee pain.  I am no longer taking the prescribed Ibuprofen daily, so that is a good thing.  While we where up at the cabin, the wife and I walked the lake frequently (8km) and at no time felt any knee pain during or after.  That brings a nice smile to my face!  No Pain!!  So, for now, I am going to start my training program while mixing in some cycling just to get a little cross training and mix it up.  I am going to start with the 30 minute 12 week training program.  I know that I mentioned the 15 minute, 8 week program previously, but after looking at them side to side, I know that I can do the 30 minute one.  Of course, if I have any issues, I have to option to step back and just swap weeks to the 8 week program.  I do not think that will happen.So, this program starts off with just 3 programs per week.  That will give me some extra time for at least 2 rides a week and then see if I can fit in anything else.  I will also be stepping up my twice daily walks with the dog.  By stepping it up, I just mean…move it along a little bit faster.  Not running or jogging yet…just moving at a brisk pace.  With all the heat right now, I will be going out before work (around 4am), and then just before bed time (probably 9-10pm).nyways…I should have Episode 10 up shortly reviewing the vacation, and the upcoming training.  Once we get that done, we will get back with recording once a week, and see if we can’t make things a little more interesting! See you all later…Tribork…Out…

No comments:

Post a Comment