Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25, 2010

Is this the beginning of the end...or hopefully a new beginning?
Over the past few weeks, I have been dealing with a sore knee and sore foot. My right knee has been giving me issues once again, although, this time it is in a different location. Still the inside of the knee, but lower than the last time. It is still mainly tender to the touch, but not to bad when walking on it. Sometimes it is a little stiff after sitting for long periods of time such as what happens when I am working...all day while sitting at my desk.
Next is the top of my left foot. I really am not sure what the issue is here, but I seem to have narrowed it down to happening shortly after I added "Sole" inserts to my running shoes. It seems as though I needed some arch support, so I gave these a shot. If this is the cause, I am going to say this is a big...FAIL!
I have taken the last week off of doing anything, and it seems as though the pain is getting a little easier to deal with. I am going to try and get out for a bike ride this weekend to see how everything reacts. Other than that, I am going to do nothing for the time being. We are heading off for a little houseboat vacation starting on Monday, so their will not be much happening then. I will probably get out and do a little bit of swimming, but not going overboard (pardon the pun).
As for now...this is where we are sitting...and stalled...
Talk to you soon...

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there I had similar problems, still do off and on just try to keep moving. For me a good six months of walking worked. It seemed defeatist at the time but it helped me drop some pounds and gradually get running. Doing my first half marathon in October and down 100 lbs. Diet was critical, Good luck and hang in there! http://the45thyear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and podcast. You and the many blogs and podcasts you have mentioned have been very inspiring and encouraging in my own quest for fitness. I feel for you and your frustration about knee and foot pain. I hurt my knee on my second day of my own training beginnings and have been hobbling around not walking or cycling. Hearing others talk about similar issues makes me feel less alone and look forward to when I can get moving again. I also started a blog about my quest. I feel like it keeps me accountable despite my knee issue. http://momsfitquest.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for letting us all share in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your comments. I really means a lot to me knowing, 1 - that people are actually listening, and 2 - that I am not the only person that is having issues.
    I know that I will get through this, it is just part of my journey that I need to get through!
    Please stay in touch...and we can all work together to reach our goals!

    ReplyDelete