Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Back to the Beginning…

Today is day one of the rest of my life! Is it really? No. Do I need to treat it like it is? Yes. Today is the day that my fitness journey begins! The day that will start to act like a triathlete! Will it work? With your assistance, it just might!


I am going to start recording a mini podcast, in which, I will cover my weigh ins, the ups and downs that I encounter and issues that I will be dealing with. As well, I will be asking you via this blog and the podcast for help in gearing up to be a triathlete and compete in my first Triathlon.

My goal is to complete the Iron Mountain Triathlon in Maple Ridge on June 20th, 2010. They are offering 2 categories, the Sprint and the Olympic. I have chosen to partake in the Olympic. I want to challenge myself, and force myself to work hard at both the mental aspects of doing this, as well as working hard at the physical aspects through training! After this Tri in June, I will also be entered in the “Heart of the Rockies” triathlon in Invermere, BC. This is another Olympic Triathlon, and Invermere is about 60 minutes from our Cabin at Wasa Lake. I am very much looking forward to this one…as it will be a road trip event, which I think will be very exciting…but I am a bit of a geek… Wasa Lake also has a Triathlon every year in June, but it is the week before we host our yearly Charity Golf Tournament – Golf 4 a Cure – benefiting the BC Cancer Foundation. This is our 8th year I think, and it is just too difficult to do both events within a week of each other. And then after that…look at doing some fun runs and maybe a half marathon or something later in the year. I would love to do the Haney to Harrison event…but I would have to find a team or something like that…

Now…as for the “new” title of the blog. This is to reflect the everyday person that can not afford the high tech gadgets that are out there, but really want to take part in this sport. We are looking for ways to save money, but still be able to get competitive items to train with, as well as race with. As much as everyone would love to have that Money Tree in their back yard, it just is not there. With the world in a recession now, and money being tighter than ever for most people, we all need to work together at finding the best places to find the best deals. Everything needs to be prioritized as to what should we get first…and then what should come later.

So…if you have any comments or questions…do not hesitate to send me an email at bigbork21@gmail.com or call the voicemail line at 206-666-5898

No comments:

Post a Comment