Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Power 90 - Day 11


Day 11 comes up later tonight…and I can not wait!  My knees are a little bit sore, but I think that is just more or less being tired.  They feel nothing like the previous injuries.  They feel a little bit more on the achy side, rather than the hurting side of things.  I will keep an eye on it, but I am not to worried about it.  I will try and roll the legs out with a foam roller tonight after I complete Day 11 Sweat 1-2.
Other than that…not much is happening with regards to fitness.  The rainy season is here now in British Columbia…and the current bike that I have (my piece of crap Canadian Tire Road Bike) is not really set up for that type of weather.  I make that comment on Twitter the other day, and Mel (from http://www.melanieryding.co.uk ) sent me a message asking why the rain stopped me from ridding.  I replied back that I did not have the proper clothing (rain wear) and my bike did not have fenders.  Her comment stuck with me over the weekend…and it really started to bother me.  I could not get it out of my head.  Why was the rain holding me back?  I choose to live in British Columbia and the weather here is suspect at the best of time during the winter season.  We get lots of rain during the winter months, and some times…some times get lots of snow.  This is my decision…so why is the weather affecting my training decisions?  Am I not serious about getting healthy and fit?  I think that I am…so what should I do?  I went out and picked up a low end (piece of crap) mountain bike with fenders.  As for rain wear…do I really need that to ride?  I will not melt in the rain…I think that I can survive getting out their and get fit.  I have clothing that I can layer with to stay warm.
Anyways…thank you Mel for questioning me…and making me rethink what I was saying.  I really…really appreciate the fact that there are people out their listening…
I have not started the running program yet, and I think that is because I am still nervous about getting hurt.  Now that I have the bike for riding in the rain, I think that a little cycling cross training to get the knees moving will be a great thing.
So…here is to getting soggy…and seeing you out their!
Tribork…out…

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, i felt so bad for being ersponsible for sending you out to the shops, but i feel better now i read this!!

    As for running, i was the same, went out at dark, bla bla bla. small small steps, run / walk strategy, and you'll be jogging in no time!

    ReplyDelete